Saturday, August 22, 2009

To Fall Down...Does that not Imply You Were Somewhere To Start?


Selena Gomez and the Scene - Falling Down (2009 - Single)

Okay another Disney protogé (only this one is still employed by them). Selena Gomez has made her way around the Disney scene, as a guest star in the Suite Life and in Hannah Montana, and stars in Wizards of Waverly Place... but of course because she can act she MUST be able to sing... right?

Well auto-tune thinks she can..now. the song is so cliché-d it's not even marginally amusing. the entire track is just noise, if I were to compare it to anything it'd be The Pussycat Dolls' "Flirt" (B-Side to their PCD album), but gone HORRIBLY WRONG! She whines through the entire song about some guy who thinks he is top shit, and then how he will eventually "fall down"... but really. there is no point where I care about what she is saying.

This song is a waste of perfectly good sound waves, like unlike the previous singles I reviewed (Heidi Montag's and Adrienne Bailon's) I may actually delete this song from my library, it's that bad. Disney; when auto-tuning someone, at least make them sound good, this is just a pathetic effort.

.25 / 5 (I won't normally do things in .25, but I can't justify giving this .5)

NOTE: the actual cover cover for this single is FUGLY, so I wasn't letting that shit fly on my blog, so the cover (which I might add is rather pretty) is from COVERLANDIA

No comments:

Post a Comment